Hunter Recruitment Group are proud to partner with Hume Housing as they expand their footprint in Maitland & Port Stephens with the management of over 2200 properties within the community housing space.
Hume Housing is a Tier 1 Community Housing provider who are Champions of change, Creators of connectivity, Builders of resilience and determined to succeed.
Driven to source suitable outcomes for those in our community with housing need this is a customer focused role that needs to understand the system and how to access a network, programs and potential housing options.
- Initial assessment for social and affordable housing eligibility
- Determining the eligibility for private rental assistance products and services
- Working with customers through the end to end assessment and processing for inclusion on the relevant housing registers.
- Coordinate and attend open homes, assist with customer applications and processing of applications for community housing
- Contribute to the development and implementation of programs to positively engage and support tenants
- Developing positive reciprocal arrangements with service partnerships, agencies and community organisations
- Publicly representing the company at relevant community events, forums and engagement opportunities
- Accurate record keeping, preparation of reports and compliance documents to meet regulatory obligations
- Previous experience in social/community housing would be desirable
- Cert IV in Social Housing or equivalent is desirable
- Customer first attitude with an ability to be empathetic yet firm when it comes to ensuring the process is followed for all applications
- Marketing and promotional experience – coming from social housing would be desirable.
- Willingness to be apart of a fresh new team driven to build sustainable communities
- High level of computer literacy with MS Office products and housing management software
- Current NSW Drivers Licence is essential
This is a rewarding role that will see you work with people from diverse social backgrounds. You will need to be tolerant yet maintain the company’s policies to ensure effective housing management.
Why work with Hume Housing?
Hume offers above Award salaries, 35 hour working week, flexible working arrangements, long service leave after 5 years, salary packaging and career development opportunities – plus you will be at the start of something truly special for the people of Maitland and Port Stephens.
Excellent Salary + Super + NFP Salary Sacrifice advantage
Working for a not for profit such as this also allows you to increase your take home pay by salary sacrificing into your everyday expenses. Meaning you pay less tax and could equate to $5K + extra in take home pay per year
To be part of this community based organisation, please click “apply now” or call for a confidential conversation on (02) 4936 6537.
Hume Community Housing is committed to a workplace where our team members prosper and diversity and inclusion are a valued part of our vibrant and connected working community. We encourage and welcome applications from women, people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.