• Do you have Cert IV in Horticulture or Landscaping?
• Are you a natural people person with hands-on leadership experience?
• Are you an innovative, motivated, problem solving individual?
Hunter Recruitment Group are proud to partner with registered charity, The Huntlee Academy. The Huntlee Academy was formed to provide work, skill development and higher-level career opportunities for local disadvantaged people including Indigenous Australians, youth, long term unemployed, mature aged workers and those with a disability. With the immense growth and continued development of the exciting new Huntlee town, the Academy is seeking the services of a qualified individual with a minimum of 5 years hands on experience.
Your duties will include:
- Mowing and edging lawns, clearing areas of debris and leaves, planting and watering flowerbeds, identification and eradication of weeds, cleaning pathways and sidewalks, pruning and shaping bushes and trees, determining the correct usage of pesticides and fertilizers, monitoring plant health problems, managing irrigation systems and other general maintenance.
- You will be a master multi-tasker who can efficiently work within budgets and time constraints.
- Management and involvement in inductions, training and competency assessments will be an important aspect of the role.
- You are a people-person who will thrives on creating positive working relationships between Huntlee Estate, employees, vendors, clients and contractors.
- A cornerstone of this role is an unwavering commitment to safety and WHS legislation which will included conducting audits and involvement in investigations.
The Successful Candidate
You must be able to demonstrate the following:
- A stable career history, relevant formal qualifications including a minimum of 5 years’ experience in landscaping/horticultural roles.
- Excellent communication and organisational capability, including good IT skills.
- Proven track record from ground work to completion of projects.
- Exceptional attention to detail and resourcefulness.
- Thorough understanding of the Building Code Australia as well as WHS Legislation and Codes of Practice
- Current White Card, First Aid Certificate and NSW driver’s license.
- It would be beneficial (but not essential) if you have Chemcert qualifications, Cert IV T&A, HR licence or experience in the not-for-profit or disability sector.
- Magnificent work environment in the beautiful Hunter Valley where no two days are the same.
- Be involved in creating positive social impacts on a daily basis.
- You will have front line involvement in the aesthetic and functional operation of the first new town in the Hunter Valley in 50 years.
- Salary Sacrificing benefits of working for a Charity organisation.
To apply for this role please submit your resume along with a covering letter detailing your motivation by clicking the ‘Apply’ button below.
If you’re feeling brave, sell yourself even further by adding a short video to tell us why you’re perfect for this role.
Confidential enquiries are welcome and may be directed to Hunter Recruitment Group on 02 4936 6537.