Hunter Recruitment Group is proud to be representing Licella to source a Mechanical Engineer to assist the organisation with their pioneering technology “ Creating a bridge to a lower carbon future”. The organisation is at the cutting edge of technology converting end of life plastics and biomass into valuable fuels and chemicals.
Based at Somersby and on the fringe of the M1 Expressway’s Gosford interchange the organisation has a pilot plant that is used to expand the commercialization of the technology across the world.
We seek a Mechanical Engineer that wants to be apart of a team making a global difference to the environment. An Engineer that has capacity to design, modify the pilot plant, understand thermal process and pipe calculations for high pressure processing. We need a get your hands dirty mentality, this is not a desk job. You will be working within maintenance and operations of the plant as well as assisting with global partner projects.
Some key responsibilities will include:
- Completing engineering design, including the application of appropriate stress calculations for high temperature pipe runs
- Preparing quality documentation and design specifications in conjunction with Chemical Process Engineers
- Producing CAD models and drawings (experience with Inventor, AutoCAD and COMPRESS preferred)
- Giving input during the FEED process as required
- Being involved in the running of pilot plant on site (to both assist as needed and to gain specific plant experience)
- Interfacing with the Process Team and assist with writing quality reports as needed
- Participating/assisting Process Engineers in the development of P&ID’s, equipment specifications, project schedules and project budgets.
- Reviewing detailed engineering documents and specifications.
- Minimum 6 years post graduate mechanical engineering experience in a thermal process plant/design environment
- Experience with pressure piping/vessels and familiarity with Australian pressure equipment codes
- Sound technical design experience (including competency in completing mechanical calculations to Australian standards)
- Proficiency with CAD
- Strong commitment to Work Health and Safety
- Strong team player with good interpersonal communication skills
- Passionate about innovation and expanding technology
- Project management experience/knowledge
- Exposure to Research and Development projects
- Exposure to typical industry safety systems (e.g., HAZOP, Take 5, SOP’s)
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (to the satisfaction of Engineers Australia)
If you are ready to grow along with the technology you are supporting and have the drive to be a global player in the commercialisation of technology that will see end of life plastics and biomass converted into a usable fuel source, then start a conversation with Hunter Recruitment Group today by completing a cover letter, including your motivation for application along with your fit to the criteria. Send your resume as a separate file when you apply.