Exciting opportunity for an experienced administration/ human resources individual to join a local registered charity as the Human Resources/Administration Officer in the beautiful Hunter Valley.
Our client is a registered charity, that is overseen by a community driven board of directors. The organisation was formed to provide work, skill development and career opportunity for local disadvantaged people including Indigenous Australians, youth, long term unemployed, mature aged work and people with a disability.
Based in a new, exciting community just minutes to Branxton and the Hunter Expressway, the role is positioned to attract a local candidate from the Hunter Valley who is passionate about making a positive contribution to their local community, through a rewarding career, delivering best practice human resources, administration and management processes.
Working with the senior management team to provide support and coaching on HR related matters, this role is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic administration professional that would like to take their career to the next level utilising their HR skills and experience. As part of the role you will be required to perform a multitude of generalist HR and administration duties, including but not limited to:
- Ensuring compliance, conducting investigations and records management
- End to end recruitment and selection
- Performance management and appraisals
- Work with management to review, guide and approve terminations/ redundancies
- Preparing, updating and recommending policies/ procedures
- Training and development
- Coaching management on best practice
- Financial and administration reporting
- Accounts payable and receivable
- Maintenance of HRIS system
- Other administration and accounts duties as directed
Along with demonstrated experience in a similar HR support/ coordinator or administration role, the ideal candidate will have the following:
- Tertiary or relevant industry qualifications in human resources or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years relevant industry experience
- Strong in performance management of employees
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledge resource to the management team
- Outstanding ability to build interpersonal relationships and employee coaching skills
- Experience in writing HR policies and procedures
- Highly accurate with administration and accounts
- Hold a current NSW drivers license and reliable vehicle
Candidates with experience working within a not-for-profit and/or disability sector will be highly regarded and are encouraged to apply.
If you’re looking for a step up into a more comprehensive HR position but still enjoy administration, and if you thrive on helping people and giving back to the community please apply today. Applications can be submitted via the apply button or via email to email@example.com along with a cover letter explaining WHY you are motivated to secure such a role and HOW you meet the job requirements.