- Full time Position 35 hrs a week – Hunter based
- Not for Profit Organisation with great benefits
- Excellent work culture; Winner of Regional Business Awards 2019 – Employer of Ch
Hunter Recruitment Group is proud to be partnering with Hume Community Housing to source great staff as they move into the Hunter
Hume Housing is a nationally accredited Tier 1 Community Housing Provider. Currently, Hume provides homes and services to close to 9,000 customers across NSW. We develop new properties, undertake the management of social and affordable housings, and provide services and support to our diverse customers through a range of partnerships and programs. Hume engages with customers to maintain their tenancies, build resilience, participate in local community life, and to prosper. Hume works within a collective impact approach, working with the community stakeholders, seeking out what is needed and identifying appropriate partners to design and deliver services.
We are Champions of change, Creators of connectivity, Builders of resilience and Determined to succeed.
We have redesigned our organisation in response to growth and development of sector leading housing strategies. Hume recognises the broad expertise of the community housing sector and values the experience of housing managers who have the ability to keep customer at the centre of service design.
The Senior Manager, Housing and Community will be responsible for the leadership and management of a Hunter based team to deliver tenancy, property and community services across a range of housing programs and communities.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing and developing the housing programs by building partnerships with community service organisations that ensure secure long-term tenancy for complex customers
- Developing and implementing letting strategies that support minimum vacancy turnover and promotes cohesive communities
- Driving the development and delivery of customer engagement and participation strategies and developing key partnerships with support agencies
- Implementing strategic objectives linked to Hume’s Purpose and Strategic Planning focussing on delivering services that support customers to achieve sustainable tenancy and connection with community
- Collaborating with peers and colleagues to ensure delivery of services that demonstrates value for money through budget management and high performance
To be successful in this role you will have a thorough understanding of and clear commitment to best practice in community housing management, place-based service, program development and demonstrated leadership and capability to achieve social outcomes and community cohesion objectives.
Why work for us?
Hume offers above Award salaries, 35 hour working week, flexible working arrangements, long service leave after 5 years, salary packaging and career development opportunities – the list goes on!
To apply follow the prompts after pressing apply now – we would appreciate a cover letter outlining your motivation for application to this role and to Hume along with your resume.
Want to know more, see our website for more information https://www.humehousing.com.au
Or contact Craig McGregor – Hunter Recruitment Group on (02) 49 366537
Hume Community Housing is committed to a workplace where our team members prosper and diversity and inclusion are a valued part of our vibrant and connected working community. We encourage and welcome applications from women, people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTQIA, older people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.